Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Relieved....

About 1 1/2 years ago made my first big purchase, a used car. I got the car I wanted a Nissan Murano. The car had more than I wanted. All I really wanted was leather seats (knowing that cloth and milk would not mix well together if Blayre ever spilled it) and this car had everything but a DVD player. Apparently I wasn't thinking straight because I was completely taken. The salesman told me that the car was bought back by Nissan for transmission problems but they had fixed the car....go ahead and stamp SUCKER on my forehead, I know, I know, who believes a car salesman. I bought the car in February and in May took it to Oklahoma for memorial weekend. I barely made it to Moore, I was just trying to get as far as I could so I could have someone come get me without having to drive a few hours considering it was the middle of the night. So, we got the car fixed, or so they said and before long it was back in the shop. It has been in and out of the shop for the last year. About 2 weeks ago I took Blayre to her dad and decided I would go on to Woodward so I could see my grandparents. On Friday we headed out and we didn't even make it to Waco (about 3 hours away) before the service engine light came on, I didn't think we would make it to Oklahoma...but we did. I made it all the way to Woodward. Sunday I picked Blayre up and we headed home. The car still wasn't running right but we kept going. We made it south of Ft. Worth when the car started acting the same way it did when it had broke down the year before so I pulled over. We waited about an hour and it started back up so we jumped in (instead of waiting 4 hours for my dad to come get us) and headed home. We made it and I took it to the shop the next day. You must understand that this car is weird in the way that it almost resets after it sits for awhile, so I was scared on Monday that it would be back to normal....but thank God it wasn't. I took it in and called Nissan to file a complaint and see if they would buy it back thinking there would be no way since I only had 11,000 miles left on my warranty and they hadn't the first time, with the previous owner. This car is on its 3rd transmission, 2 with me. I finally heard on Monday that they are going to buy it back!!!! I am hoping for the best cause I really don't have money for a down payment, so hopefully they will be generous, ha ha, I know....But after talking bad about Nissan for the last year I have new faith in the company. I doubt if I buy another Nissan but you never know, so if anyone has any suggestions on a car please let me know. I loved the Murano because it wasn't to big but not to small...so something on along the same style.

1 comment:

Memories with the McDaniels said...

ok so i have to know what exactly ur car was doin?! cause my maurano acts up all the time!! it like surges then when im stopped it wont go it takes a little bit then it give you whiplash!