Saturday, March 7, 2009

Is it MARCH already?!?!

Yes, this is my first post of 2009...I have not disappeared.

So here are some pics from around Christmas with some of her toys that she got from Santa.

This rotten little girl got everything she asked for and more. When she came into the living room where everything was laid out for her to see, she was so excited. Then I pointed out the bike and she said "I didn't ask Santa for a bike" and it took her about 2 weeks before she would play with it....ROTTEN!!!!

We have a long way to go with the skates but she thinks she can do it. She keeps them on for about 30 seconds and off they go. But at least she keeps trying!

Not a whole lot going on around here. I am unemployed, yet once again, but am taking classes to get my teacher certification. I am listening to the advice given to me about a year ago from Mrs. Whitely and Kristen, when they told me that there was a BIG difference in subbing and having your own classroom. So, I am subbing this year but the jobs are hard to come by. I guess with this wonderful economy everyone is subbing and it is a fight to get a job. I have even tried other school districts and they don't seem interested in even having new subs apply, which BLOWS my mind! I have almost finished my classes, the 9 that I had to attend and will take my content test in April. I have a lot of studying to do, so please pray for me!

I promise to start blogging more! With the Houston Rodeo going on I think I'll have some more to blog about. We are headed to see the Jonas Brothers tomorrow. This is the payoff of the bribe for Blayre that she could go see them if she quit crying at school and church. She has met her end of the deal so off to the Rodeo we go, she is SOOOO excited. Her Uncle Jeff is trying to negotiate something else with her, because the show is sold out and the tickets are selling for a lot of money, but she isn't going for it.

Congratulations Annie and Katie! You guys sure make some pretty babies....but Katie your kids get bigger and bigger every time and I don't see how your little body handles it. You are amazing! I have had to show Blayre a million times that you don't have a big tummy anymore and she doesn't know what to think of that! She is a little disappointed, she LOVED your big belly!! But she thinks your kiddos are pretty cute and loves to look at all the Whitely kids and tries to remember all the names (that is going to take a while).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys get to enjoy nice weather all the time! Jealous! We get a couple of nice days and then BAM it's 30 degrees again!

Becky said...

When you are as good a girl as Blayre you DESERVE everything you get for Christmas and more! I'm sure the bike was just intimidating at first. Good luck on the certification, I know you will do great.