Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm EMPLOYED!!!!!!!!

The corporate office for Academy Sports and Outdoors is located in Katy and they now have a new accounting clerk. I had a job interview last Thursday and received the job offer yesterday! So far everything about the company sounds nice and exciting! I'll have all sorts of benefits (including ones that I haven't had offered before) so I am excited about that, anything beats having to pay individual health insurance premiums!!! and oh, how nice a paycheck will be!! What an answer to prayers, God knows what he is doing so I'll trust in him!

Not much going on around here. This week is Vacation Bible School so I have been helping with a third grade class. We have around 30 kids each day and I have counted 10 different 3rd grade classes...there are a LOT of kids! It has really been a great experience....so much different than the VBS I went too growing up. They have 4 year old through 4th grade in VBS and 5th and 6th in VBX (extreme), they were estimating around 3,000 kids this year and I believe they are right. Blayre has been going with me. They have a nursery program for the volunteer's kids, she loves it! It is also helping to get her ready for the pre-school program that she starts in September, that is also at the church. It has been good for me too, I have gotten pretty used to sleeping in and have her trained to sleep in too. So both of us are dragging a little today but we better start getting ready to get up early again....ugh! I am so not a morning person!

We are headed to a Meadows family reunion this weekend and hopefully we will have some pictures to post from it. It will be nice to see everyone again since we had to skip last year due to all the flooding. Also, my last weekend of being unemployed will hopefully be one where I get LOTS of sun. I have been trying to take full advantage of being able to swim everyday, but it hasn't been working out as well as I would prefer!!!

4 comments:

The Garvie Family said...

Congratulations on the new job!! You so deserve it!! Have fun this weekend...I expect a blog post with lots of pictures when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job Sista!!!!

Samantha said...

congrats, working girl! we're proud of you!

Becky said...

Congratulations on the job! 3,000 kids in Bible School - whew! You guys are champs.