Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Meadows Family Reunion 2008

Believe it or not....there are more of us!!!


The Meadows Brothers! Alton, Papa (Bill) and Tillman

3 of the brothers, there was one more brother, Harold, and a sister, Tootsie (can you imagine being a sister to these guys?)


Blayre was a little disappointed that we weren't going to see the Jonas Brothers,

but I told her that these guys are better!

We had a wonderful time at the reunion this year and it was so nice to be able to see everyone again. Even though we didn't get to see everyone because we had the campground at odd times, we were there Saturday through Monday so many couldn't make it because of work or church, etc. We went up on Saturday and had to come back on Sunday so I could go to work and Sage could go to cheer camp.


We had a nice campground that was very secluded and we even had our own dock and beach. We chose not to stay out there because the cabins were not air conditioned and we would have to bring our own bedding, much like camp. But we did get to play a nice game of Volleyball, it was pretty amazing! The lake was very quiet and much different than the one I am used to....Ft. Supply!! ha ha!

Blayre and Allie! She loves Allie, they had fun together!



Yes, Tara wore this hat the ENTIRE time we were there, on the ride up and everything. I think I am going to have to find it and throw it away!!!!!



Doing what we do best....EATING! and we did eat good, we had a fish fry on Saturday night, fish that were caught by one of our own, the two guys in the pic below Randy and Brent Meadows (no my dad did not fish). Then on Sunday afternoon, Papa fixed his famous steaks.



This is Uncle Harold's son and his family.....more Meadows!!


Cody has a friend who has a screen printing business (or something like that) so for the last two years he has made us shirts (of course we didn't get to wear them last year). Everyone was a sport and wore there shirts, as a matter of fact I have mine on right now. The front says Meadows Family Reunion 2008 and the back says


"But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children" Psalm 103:19.


Which was very fitting, since we were not at home to go to church we had a testimonial time on Sunday morning. Anyone who wanted to could give their testimonies and it was also about the legacy of our family and how we have became who we are. It was neat! I can't imagine what our family would be like without God, he has blessed us in so many ways!

Cody and Chelsea, they are so cute!!


Sage and Nat waiting to leave!

I didn't get many pics, mainly because my mother had the camera (HER CAMERA) and handed it to me about one hour before we left and said "I want pictures"...........

3 comments:

Sally said...

Okay you've been tagged go to my blog and check it out.

Anonymous said...

TAG YOUR IT....GO CHECK MY BLOG!!

The Combs Clan said...

There are a million of you guys! So, how is the job coming along? Tell my little niece Blayre we say hello!