Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blessed

We got power back on Monday night around 6:00 but this is the first night we have had internet. Almost 3 days without power and 5 without internet.....it has been hard! But we are so blessed to have basically no damage especially compared to what some people are going through right now, many still without power and many with out homes...so sad. I work with a lady who had a beach house in Crystal Beach (no, not in Woodward) down in the bay and she is expecting a complete loss and after the what is being shown on t.v. I think she is right.
Here are before and after pics....the before were taken several weeks ago.....

After

We had one pretty good size tree down, and it was not far away from "the big one" (that is what Blayre calls her swing-set, did I post about that?) Thank God it didn't hit it. We are truly blessed that none of the trees landed on the house, I think we have one neighbor with a tree in their house. We are truly blessed!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I think that I will stick with living in tornado alley and leave the hurricanes to you guys!

Hilary said...

We were glad to hear you and your family came through the storm safely!

Alicia said...

So glad to hear you all made it through Ike ok! We were afraid it was heading straight for us too, Victoria is only 30 minutes from the water. We packed up and left, and sure enough we didn't get anything at all. It's a scary thing and a whole different world from Oklahoma. There were houses and business boarded up all over the place around here. almost creepy. Anyway, glad to hear you and your family are all safe and made it through ok.

Samantha said...

oh, i'm so sorry, but thankful that the damage wasn't worse...bill & penn have a beautiful home, btw.....

Becky said...

Hurricanes sound terrifying! So glad everyone is okay, not too much damage. Electricity is certainly not over rated, is it? Blayre is going to have to have a late party, for her birthday AND hurricane survival!