We survived hurricane Ike. It was quite an experience. Luckily we came out with almost no damage. We lost power early at mom and dads house around 6 (every time the wind blows we lose power out there) but they restored it by 9, but Blayre and I had already came to Tara's house where she still had power and decided we would "hunker down" for the storm. Ike didn't make landfall until around 2, but you could see it in the sky early in the evening (it was really neat to see the circling clouds) and the rain didn't start until 9 - 10 p.m. We were in bed when he hit and Ike was LONG and loud. Just when you thought he was done, he would start up again with the strong wind and rain. The rain continued until around noon on Saturday, and all that was left was craziness. As of tonight mom and dad still don't have power but Tara got hers back yesterday. HOPEFULLY we (at mom and dads house) will have power tomorrow because I have to go back to work tomorrow. But until we get power Blayre and I are staying at Tara's....my parents are roughing it with a generator (and believe me it is killing my mom not being able to do laundry and dishes, she doesn't make a very good camper). So, now that I have lived through a hurricane I don't believe I'll stick around again...
I'll get some pics up when we have power again! Unfortunately I won't have pics from Blayre's b-day party that was supposed to happen today at Chuck E Cheese but didn't because of storm damage. Most everything re-opened today if they didn't have lots of damage. Which was nice because after 24 hours in a house all you want to do is get out and even a packed Wal-Mart is worth going to (yes we went). But gas is still pretty much impossible, the lines are at LEAST 20 cars deep and the price is going up quickly! And if someone brought produce down here and gouged it like the gas, you could make a killing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Glad to hear you made it through Ike!! It sure stinks to be without power though!
oh, i'm so glad ya'll are safe. i hope penny & bill get power quick-like...we'll pray for good prices and no new hurricanes!
So glad to hear you are safe!! I hope everyone gets power soon and there isn't too much to clean up.
Post a Comment